Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just starting out...

I deleted my old blog. Why? Mainly because I didn't ever post!!! It had been dedicated to my 101 in 1001 goal project. Needless to say, that has been shoved aside because I just didn't care anymore. So I'm now going to write about what I DO care about - COOKING. And food. And family. And friends.

The title - so it's NOT the most creative thing ever, but it's the darn truth. I'm a foodie wanna-be. What would make me a true foodie? Not sure. If there were a program or class or list of steps to take to reach foodie status,  I would do it. For now, I'm content with being a wanna be.

In short, I love cooking. Trying to make things that are challenging or just different from anything else I've ever made. Not to say that I ALWAYS make things I've never tried before. That would be ridiculous, and I'm far too busy for that. But I love a good challenge, hence my project for today.

Today's goal: spaghetti & meatballs from scratch. (not the pasta, though)

I'm not even a huge spagetti & meatballs fan, but my husband is, so he's ecstatic. I watched Anne Burell make this recipe on her show yesterday and was inspired. Here's the recipe, and I'll be back to report on the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment